This page states the ‘Terms & Conditions' under which any person or machine may access the website www.sdl.co.za.
1. The terms "access", "you" and "user" as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing the website.
2. The term "website" as used herein refers to www.sdl.co.za and www.sdl-groep.co.za and www.sdl-international.com .
3. The term "mobile app" as used herein refers to the SDL Mobile Application that can be downloaded from Google Playstore or Apple store by searching for SDLAdmin.
By accessing the information on the website or mobile app, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these ‘Terms & Conditions'. The website may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this page. You should visit this page periodically to review the terms and conditions, to which you are bound.
Users may not access the website or mobile app in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material:
• in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
• in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others;
• that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
The following is prohibited with respect to the website:
• using any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy any part of the website or mobile app whether it be connected to a networked device or free standing and controlled by human intervention alone;
• using any manual or non-networked electronic device, software or routine or the like to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or mobile app;
• taking any action that would impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website or mobile app's infrastructure and directly limiting its design architecture to operate effectively;
• infringing in any way on default copyrights inter alia copying, reproducing, altering, modifying, creating derivative works, or publicly displaying any content from the website or mobile app without SDL Administrative Services (PTY) Ltd prior written permission;
• reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover any source code in use by, or for, the website, mobile app, or any procedure therein, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation;
• attempting to access any area of the website or mobile app to which access is not provably authorised or duly assigned by written authorisation.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
All functions, data, processes and procedures on this website or mobile app, including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs are the property of the website and/or mobile app.
Users of this website or mobile app are not granted a license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright, Trade Mark, Patent or Intellectual Property Rights in/or to all data, functionality, processes and procedures employed by the website or mobile app.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website or mobile app, including, but without limitation:
• accessing data not intended for unauthorized users or logging into a server or account which a user is not authorized to access;
• attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without being duly authorised by SDL Administrative Services (PTY) Ltd in writing to do so;
• attempting to interfere with any service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the website or mobile app, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing";
• sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
• forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting;
• deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity;
• using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website and mobile app or any activity being conducted on this site.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
SDL Administrative Services (PTY) Ltd will investigate occurrences, which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Whilst SDL Administrative Services (PTY) Ltd have taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of the website and mobile app and its contents, no warranty, whether expressed or implied, is given that the website or mobile app will operate error-free or that any files, downloads or applications available via the website or mobile app are free of Trojans, viruses, time-locks, bombs, or any other data, code, or harmful mechanisms which have the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your system.
In no event shall SDL Administrative Services (PTY) Ltd, and/or any third party contributors of material to the website or mobile app be liable for any costs, expenses, losses and damages of any nature (whether direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential) arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the website and mobile app, your inability to use the website or mobile app and/or the operational failure of the website or mobile app, and whether or not such costs, expenses, losses, and damages are based on delict, contract, liability or otherwise.
Insofar as the website or mobile app contains links to any other Internet websites, you acknowledge and agree that SDL Administrative Services (PTY) Ltd does not have control over any such website and SDL Administrative Services (PTY) Ltd shall therefore not be liable in any way for the contents of any such linked website, nor for any costs, expenses, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever arising from your access and/or use of any such website.
These ‘Terms & Conditions' constitute the entire agreement between SDL AdministrativeServices (PTY) Ltd and those who access the website or mobile app for any reason. Any failure by SDL Administrative Services (PTY) Ltd to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these ‘Terms & Conditions' shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
In the event that any term or condition is not fully enforceable or valid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected by such unenforceability or invalidity and shall remain enforceable and applicable.
This website and mobile app are hosted, controlled and managed in the Republic of South Africa, and thus, South African law and jurisdiction govern the use or inability to use this website or mobile app, or any other matter related to this website and mobile app.
All disputes in terms of this agreement or relating to the use or inability to use this website or mobile app shall be settled by arbitration conducted in English in terms of the rules of the South African Arbitration Foundation. Such arbitration shall be held in Cape Town, and the unsuccessful party shall pay all costs incurred by the successful party in attending and preparing for such arbitration.